Premier Networx Employee Spotlight: Mimi Wheeler
Mimi Wheeler joined the Premier Networx team in March 2019 as Marketing Director. Mimi comes to Premier Networx with extensive knowledge of marketing and brand building and plays a key role in the strategic evolution of Premier Networx. Her duties include: valuating and developing our marketing strategy and plan; planning, directing, and coordinating our marketing efforts; building brand awareness and positioning; and overseeing social media marketing strategy and content marketing.
Mimi’s background is in Radio Broadcasting, having held many positions over the past nine years including: Marketing and Promotions Director, Music Director, Assistant Digital Program Director, and Morning Show Co-Host. She still works in radio part-time. You can hear her each week night on Kicks 99 between 7p-midnight and on HD98.3 on the weekends. Among her accomplishments, she has won a CMA Award for Large Market Station of the Year in 2017 and an ACM Award for Major Market Personality in 2019.
Olive James, Mimi’s first child, was born just a few weeks ago on April 29. Her, her partner Sean, and their pup Bruno, are so in love with this sweet baby girl! Although Olive made her entrance into this world 5 weeks early, she is very healthy and happy.
Mimi is originally from Raleigh, NC and spent a year in Charlotte before moving to Augusta. She is is an Ambassador for the Augusta Metro Chamber and serves on the local advisory board for the Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with friends, traveling, and exploring the greater Augusta area.
20 random questions with Mimi!
- What’s the one food you can’t resist? Ooey gooey cinnamon rolls
- What’s your greatest fear? Identity theft
- Where is your favorite place to be? If you would have asked me a few weeks ago, I would have said ‘on any trip/ vacation with Sean’ but, at this moment, it’s most definitely anywhere with my sweet Olive girl.
- What’s your favorite movie? I honestly don’t have one, I’m not much of a movie person.. I have a hard time staying focused
- If you could have dinner with two people, dead or alive, who would they be? My late grandmother and grandfather
- If you could have one talent, what would it be? Anything athletic!
- If you won the lottery, what would you buy first? An all-inclusive Caribbean vacation for my entire family
- What’s your favorite outdoor activity? Walking or hanging on a patio
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Cleaning bathtubs + mopping the floor
- What did you want to be when you were a kid? Veterinarian or Marine Biologist
- What’s your spirit animal? My sweet angel puppy, Bruno. He lives the best life.
- What is one thing on your bucket list? Eat all the pasta and drink all the wine in Italy
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Women who cut down other women to get ahead
- What is your dream vacation? Italy of course, but I’d love to see the Northern Lights
- If you could be a member of any TV-Sitcom family, which would it be? Modern Family
- What is the funniest joke you know by heart? What dog does magic tricks? A labracadabrador.
- How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza? Add bacon and pepperoni and I’m down
- What job would you be terrible at? Pilot, I’m terrified of heights.
- What could you give a 30 minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? Country radio programming or social media
- Three words that describe you: transparent, achiever, giver
4332 Wheeler Road #105, Augusta GA 30907