You probably have a few vacations and road trips planned over the next few months. As you get ready to go, remember this travel Cybersecurity Checklist!
- Take time to update all of your operating systems, software, and apps. Having to install these while you’re on the road can be a real pain and use up valuable data.
- Make sure you backup all of your data in case your device is damaged, lost, or stolen.
- Be careful with your travel plans on social media, and definitely don’t announce your vacation dates. You don’t want criminals to know when your home is empty.
- Be wary of the public unsecured Wi-Fi at airports, hotels, restaurants, etc. If you have to access the Wi-Fi, never access sensitive data. If you need to do any online shopping, access your banking account, etc., use VPN.
- Never use public computers to access sensitive data either.
Find other useful travel cybersecurity tips here.
PO Box 740, Evans, GA 30809